Monday, November 22, 2010

How To Cook a Thanksgiving Turkey

Ava and Gavin's kindergarten teacher Ms. Ponder had the kids dictate to her how you cook a Thanksgiving turkey. Here are what my wonderful children had to say...



Ava

I get the turkey from the woods. Then I chop his head off. Then I chop his wings off. I put it in the oven. The oven is 3 degrees and I cook it for 10 minutes. Then I put pepper on it and then I put hot sauce on it. I eat it with a fork and a knife.


Gavin


First you kill a turkey in the woods. Then I play with it. When I am done playing with it and it is Thanksgiving, I cook it in the oven and eat it for Thanksgiving lunch. First I chop his head off and then legs. Then I chop the arms off and I take the meat off the body and then I cook it. I put it in the oven with the gray thing that is square and it's big. I cook it for 10 hours in an oven that is 18 degrees. I put salt and pepper on it. Then I take it out of the oven and eat it.


I have to admit that Gavin's worried me a little until I read all the other kids thoughts on Thanksgiving turkeys and realized they must have discussed this before hand amongst each other. 




No comments:

Post a Comment