Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Realization...

Today we went over to our friend Tara and Brian's house for a tupperware party and to hang out.  Brian just returned home from Afghanistan a few weeks ago and Aaron's team was the one who took over for them. They were able to hang out for a week during the transition, and I am sure it was nice for Aaron to see a friendly face.  

Brian came over to say hi to me and I was holding Ella. Ella froze, looked at me and very hesitantly leaned towards Brian. He took her and she just stared at him for a few minutes, then she slowly laid her head down on his shoulder. He held her like that for a long time. It was heart breaking. I never realized until that moment how much she must miss Aaron. 






1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I am friend of Joy. I enjoy your blog:). I just had to comment on this. Our youngest was the same way on my husband's last deployment. She was 8 months old when he left and she was drawn to any male she encountered. I used to give the analogy of the baby bird in "Are You My Mother." It was almost like she was saying in her own little way, "I know I had a Daddy. I know I did!" It is heart wrenching, but comforting to know that they have a big place in their little lives for their Daddies. Prayers of safety and blessings to you all! (and please don't let Joy do that paper bag floor thing!! :)!)

    ReplyDelete