Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to School

5:30 am Grace walks into my room and asked if she could get ready for school. She had a HUGE smile on her face and she was almost bouncing with excitement.  How could I say no to her cute little face? So we went down stairs so I could make them breakfast and Ava and Gavin were already waiting for me. This is a big day so I wanted to do something special so I made banana nutella french toast. I had smiles all around when they were eating and Aaron kept taking food off the kids plates.  After they were done they rushed upstairs to brush their teeth and put on their outfits that they had carefully laid out the night before. School starts at 8 am and we were ready to go by 6:45 and it was killing them that I made them wait at home so we wouldn't be ridiculously early.  We finally got to school, on time, and Gavin wanted nothing to do with me anymore. He was not happy that I made him take a picture with Ava in font of their classroom.  

 

They couldn't have been more excited to start their first day of school and Gavin wanted to get in there and start as fast as possible. He didn't even want me to walk in with him, he just gave me a hug and a kiss and ran into his classroom. Ava, who is completely different, grabbed my hand and wanted me to walk her in. She was a little unsure but I think it helped that they have the same teacher as Grace did last year. 




Grace was very enthusiastic for school to start. 
She loves to learn and is very excited to see all her friends from Kindergarten again. 


Gracie's first desk!


Grace, with her wonderful teacher Miss Amy. She is a teacher who loves to teach and is excited for each day she gets to spend with the kids. Those teachers are few and far between and we are blessed that Grace is in her class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment